Learn more about opportunities to volunteer in our community. If you are interested in volunteering for City projects, such as community clean-up projects, please fill out this request form in Ask Stockton. We will contact you the next time there is an opportunity to volunteer with the City.
If you would like to be notified of City volunteer opportunities, please take a moment to subscribe to email notifications for the category 2-Community Involvement - Volunteer Stockton!
Adopt Our City
The City of Stockton is always looking for dedicated individuals or groups to adopt parks, streets, trees or areas that need care and maintenance. To apply, please contact City of Stockton Public Works Department Administration.
Many community organizations also work with volunteers. To volunteer at any of the following community-based organizations, please contact them directly.
- American Cancer Society Discovery Shop: volunteers needed for a variety of positions at the Discovery Shop, 207 E. Alpine Ave. To learn more, please call Jackie Ronzone at (209) 941-2737.
- American Diabetes Association-San Joaquin Chapter: needs help with a variety of office and fund-raising projects; for more information, please call (209) 472-2080.
- American Lung Association: volunteers needed to assist in programs such as distribution of educational materials at health fairs, educating youth and adults in schools and businesses and assisting staff with fund-raising activities. For more information, please call (209) 478-1888.
- Arc-San Joaquin: serving persons with developmental disabilities and their families since 1954. Ffor more information, please call Sharon at (209) 955-1625.
- Armchair Travelers: share a national or international trip with 40 senior citizens at Delta College. For more information, please call Dot Robinson at (209) 957-5427.
- AseraCare Hospice: learn how to be a comfort to a dying person and their loved ones. To learn more, please call volunteer coordinator Michelle Flores at (209) 474-8349.
- Bristol Hospice: learn how you can help be a part of family-centered approach in the delivery of end-of-life hospice services. Must be 18 or older. Please call (209) 473-3650
- Camlu Retirement Community: volunteer for the garden fitness walk, board games, cards, sing-a-longs, or just socializing. For more information, please call (209) 951-2030.
- Catholic Charities: needs volunteers to become companions to home-bound seniors. To learn more, please call (209) 948-1582.
- Community Blind Center: simple sewing in its weaving department and ceramics. Located at 130 W. Flora St. For more information, please call (209) 466-3836.
- Court Appointed Special Advocates: become a trained volunteer who researches cases, interviews parties involved, makes recommendations to the court, and lends support to children. For more information, please call (209) 644-5347.
- Dameron Hospital Auxiliary: openings available at the coffee cart, reception desk, surgery information desk, and gift shop in sales. If you prefer sewing or making crafts, openings in boutique gifts or puppets. To learn more, please call (209) 461-3152 and ask for the front desk.
- Delta Blood Bank: volunteer drivers needed to transport units of blood to the Stockton Laboratory, 65 N. Commerce St., and to local hospitals. For more information, please call (209) 473-6471.
- Emergency Food Bank: volunteers needed for office/clerical work, truck driving, general warehouse, and food handling. Please call (209) 464-7369.
- Golden Haven Residential Care Facility: volunteer opportunities for those willing to help Alzheimer's patients; please call (209) 464-4743.
- Gospel Center Rescue Mission: for more information, please visit 445 S. San Joaquin St.
- Haggin Museum: docents needed to welcome visitors and provide tours of galleries. Please call (209) 940-6315.
- Health Insurance Counseling and Advocacy Program (HICAP): volunteers needed as counselors to help medical beneficiaries navigate Medicare issues. Counseling sites in Lodi, Manteca and Stockton. For more information, please call (209) 470-7812.
- Hospice Preferred Choice: applications are being accepted for volunteers to visit terminally ill adults and their families in the Stockton and Lodi area; please call (209) 467-8902.
- Long-Term Care Ombudsman Program: Department of Aging is seeking volunteers to assist people residing in long-term care facilities. Volunteers are trained and state-certified to investigate and resolve problems for residents in long-term care facilities and to serve as mediators for complaints related to residents' rights, finances, abuse, diets, exploitation, neglect, Advanced Health Care Directives, and other concerns. Please call (209) 468-3785.
- Meadowood Health and Rehab Center: located on same campus with O'Connor Woods, 3110 Wagner Heights Road. For more information, please call (209) 956-3444.
- Mediation Center of San Joaquin County: volunteers needed to serve as mediators. Also seeking presenters to promote and teach conflict resolution skills; please call (209) 474-8794.
- Retired Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP): volunteers to help people age 55 and older find service opportunities in home communities. Participants serve in organizations that range from hospitals and youth recreation centers to local police stations and education facilities. Please call Olivia Briesmeister at (800) 510-2020 or (209) 468-2208.
- Road to Recovery Program: needs drivers to transport cancer patients to and from treatments. For more information, please call (209) 941-2679.
- S.T.A.R.S.: Sheriff's Team of Active Retired Seniors is looking for volunteers. Must be 50 or older. Please call (209) 468-4622 or (209) 468-4469.
- SJC American Red Cross: volunteers needed in Tracy and throughout San Joaquin County. Help communities prepare and respond to disasters. Please call Harper at (209) 466-6971.
- St. Joseph's Medical Center: assist with visitor information, mail, newspaper, and flower delivery to patients; patient transport to rooms or X-ray; assist in gift shop. Please call (209) 467-6527.
- St. Mary's Interfaith Dining Room: needs kitchen helpers; clothes sorters/distributors in women's/men's departments; volunteer doctors, dentists, nurses and hygienists; interpreters; project organizers; gardeners. Please call (209) 467-0703.
- Stockton Animal Protection League: pet lovers to help at Adopt-A-Pet Center, 7475 Murray Drive, Suite 19; for pet adoption counseling, animal care and transport, general office duties, special event planning and temporary foster homes for puppies and kittens. For more information, please call (209) 956-3647.
- Stockton Interfaith Caregiver Program: provide volunteer assistance for seniors 60 and older who live at home and want to maintain their independence, dignity, and quality of life. Please call (209) 461-5112.
- Stockton Shelter for the Homeless: volunteers for painting, cooking, arts and crafts, story time; for more information, please call (209) 465-3612.
- Stockton Symphony: volunteers for mailing, instrument petting zoos. and other events. For more information, please call (209) 951-0196.
- Teaching Opportunities for Partners in Science (TOPS Program): retired teachers and scientists to teach science in elementary schools for eight hours per month.Fcus is on 4th - 6th grades. Sites available throughout the County. Please call (209) 468-9096.
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints: free volunteer website for those offering volunteer opportunities and those seeking volunteer opportunities in the community. Link to the volunteer website is under External Links below.
- Troke Branch Library: volunteers needed for checking in material and other library tasks at 502 W. Benjamin Holt Drive. Ffor more information, please call (209) 937-7720.
- Valley Gardens Health Care Center: read to residents, provide one-on-one visits, write letters or play music. For more information, please call (209) 957-4539.
- Volunteers in Police Service (VIPS): support day-to-day operations of the department. For more information, please call (209) 937-8477.
Gospel Center Rescue Mission
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints volunteer website
This City of Stockton web page last reviewed on --- 1/12/2017