Peacekeepers Video Series
To highlight the Peacekeepers and the work they do, Office of Violence Prevention (OVP) developed a series of videos to help answer frequently asked questions. The first two videos have been released:
- July 20 – “Who are the Peacekeepers? Who they are and what they do” (YouTube)
- This introductory video features an interview with LaTosha Walden, OVP Manager; includes some Peacekeepers who share why they have chosen this vocation.
- August 2 – “What is a Peacekeeper? Helping to make our City safer” (YouTube)
- This second video provides a more in-depth view of the work of each of the Peacekeepers, also called Outreach Workers, featuring some clients who have left gangs.
- August 16 - "How do Peacekeepers Overcome Obstacles?" (YouTube)
- The relationship building process is the focus of this third video, sharing specific activities and how Peacekeepers help clients with basic life needs and decisions. The mother of one client shares how Peacekeepers saved her son from a life of behaviors that had put his life at-risk.
Videos #4 will release on August 30.
To learn more, visit stocktonca.gov/ovp or contact LaTosha Walden.
This City of Stockton web page last reviewed on --- 8/16/2017