City Council Goals
The Stockton City Council has developed a Strategic Work Plan for the 2017-18 fiscal year, that provides clear direction and focus, with the following strategic targets and priority goals.
- Public Safety
- Fiscal Sustainability
- Economic Development
- Focus on crime reduction, blight reduction, and outreach for "Hot Zones" and "Hot People."
- Adopt a budget and allocate resources consistent with the Long-Range Financial Plan; implement solutions that provide financial transparency to the community.
- Develop business incentives, including incentive tools for underserved neighborhoods.
- Maximize relationships with partner agencies and organizations in carrying out and funding priority projects.
- Develop solutions that address housing infrastructure for the homeless.
- Prioritize resource allocation and infrastructure projects to "Hot Zones" within Council Districts.
- Engage private employers and the business community in workforce development and job placement; develop an employment pipeline for Stockton residents to Stockton employers.
- Achieve full staffing for positions funded through Measure A.
There are currently no external links.
This City of Stockton web page last reviewed on --- 6/21/2017