General Plan Update
The City of Stockton is updating its General Plan (GP) – Envision Stockton. On January 26, 2016, the Stockton City Council approved a contract for a comprehensive update to the 2035 General Plan.
Important Upcoming Public Hearing Dates
City Council approved the 2040 General Plan Update and Utility Master Plan Supplements (Final EIR statement of overriding considerations and Mitigation and Reporting Program) at the December 4, 2018, Council Meeting.
Planning Commission Staff Reports
Envision Stockton 2040 General Plan Update
Previous Public Hearing
A public hearing for comments on the adequacy of the Draft EIR was held before the Planning Commission on August 2, 2018.
Join Us in the Process
A successful General Plan Amendment needs input from the entire community, to include your perspectives, experiences, and ambitions. Stay informed and share your thoughts:
- Leave comments at EnvisionStockton.org.
- Sign up for Envision Stockton email for updates on Planning Commission meetings and workshops.
- View the first workshop recorded in Spanish and English in External Links below.
Planning Commission Documents – October 27, 2016
General Plan Documents
- Delta Plan Certification
- GP Update - Adopted - December 4, 2018
- GP Project Schedule
- GP_Recirculated Notice of Preparation Environmental Impact Report - August 30, 2017
- EIR Scoping Presentation - June 8, 2017
- Notice of Preparation of Environmental Impact Report-Scoping Meeting
- Preferred Land Use Alternative DRAFT - April 17, 2017
- 2040 Land Use Workbook - February 2017 (Printer-friendly version)
- Alternative Maps A (Existing General Plan), B (Corridors Focus); C (Infill Focus)
- Infill Opportunities Report - October 11, 201
- GP Update - Briefing Book - Visual and descriptive snapshot of Stockton
- GP Update - Community Character Report
- Physical form and character of Stockton's neighborhood
- GP Update - Community Services - Existing conditions
- GP Update - Cultural Resources - Existing conditions
- GP Update - Existing Land Use
- Existing land uses, regulations, policies in 2035 General Plan, Development Code, other docs
- GP Update - Hazards and Safety - Existing conditions
- GP Update - Market Analysis - Existing conditions
- GP Update - Transportation - Existing conditions
- GP Baseline Conditions Report - August 2015
- Scope of Work - Consultant
- Scope Overview - Consultant
- Stockton Neighborhoods Map
2035 General Plan Information
Envision Stockton Interactive Site - Tell Us What You Think
General Plan Workshop, Envision Stockton - YouTube - 2016 - English
General Plan Workshop, Envision Stockton - YouTube - 2016 - Spanish
This City of Stockton web page last reviewed on --- 2/20/2019