Park & Picnic Rentals
The City of Stockton offers several park and picnic areas that may be reserved by the public on a first reserved basis.
- List of Group Picnic Areas
- Reservations can be made at any Community Center, at the Community Services Administrative Office inside Cesar Chavez Library, second floor at 605 N. El Dorado Street, 95202, and online. Rental information: (209) 937-8206.
- Reservations can be made one year in advance.
- Cost: $55.75 for an all-day rental (except Magpie Site)
- Oak Park Magpie Fenced Area: $203.00 for an all-day rental (Oak Park Magpie Picnic Rental Policy and keys to this area required.)
- Tents: Tents under 200 sq. ft. and canopies under 400 sq. ft. allowed (typically 10 x 10 pop-up tents). Tents and canopies exceeding the square footage must obtain a tent permit issued by the Fire Department. Applications available at the Fire Department.
- Alcohol: No alcoholic beverages allowed except beer, which is only allowed in designated picnic areas.
- Containers: No glass bottles or containers allowed in the park.
- Licensing: Food/beverage license required to sell food to public.
- Special Event Permits: Pony rides, large tents, and similar items require a Special Event Permit Application, as does amplified music. Additional fees may apply for these types of activities and items.
Special Event Permit Requirements
If you are planning a Special Event at our park/picnic site, a Special Event Permit Application is required.
Definition of Special Event: When an organized activity is conducted at any City park, building, street, or other facility (on private or public property) in which the public is invited or admitted with a common purpose and any one or more of the following factors exist:
- Fee is charged or money collected
- Alcohol and/or food will be sold
- City facility will be closed to general use by the public or use by the general public will be denied in part or in whole
- Location used beyond its normal capacity or typical range of uses
- Activity on a street or other public place is impacted in a manner that disrupts the normal or usual traffic patterns, regulations or controls
There are currently no external links.
This City of Stockton web page last reviewed on --- 8/12/2021