Community Development Block Grant
Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funds are allocated by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) to provide benefits to low and moderate income persons, eliminate slums and blight, and meet an urgent community need.
Within this framework, the City of Stockton's Housing Division has also established broad local community development objectives intended to benefit low and moderate income households.
Locally, we work to:
- Increase availability of safe, affordable housing through both rehabilitation and new construction and promote neighborhood preservation,
- Assist economic development by supporting activities for job retention or creation,
- Assist public improvements and facilities that support Objectives 1 and 2,
- Support programs offering significant community benefit and improving quality of life for Stockton residents, and
- Support projects and programs which use green technology and support Objectives 1 and 2.
U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development CDBG Program
This City of Stockton web page last reviewed on --- 1/19/2017