Significant Industrial Users (SIU) must comply with the following requirements:
- Complete and submit a Wastewater Discharge Permit (Parts A & F) application or Special Application/Wastewater Discharge Permit (Parts A & B), if applicable. The application will be reviewed to assess pretreatment requirements for the industrial user.
- Install a monitoring maintenance hole for use by City Environmental Compliance Officers.
- Install wastewater monitoring equipment on site. This requirement is specific to each user, but most users install a wastewater flow meter with: 24-hour circular recording chart, pH recording device with 24-hour circular recording chart, and refrigerated automatic wastewater sampler capable of collecting flow proportional samples.
- Install wastewater pretreatment equipment based on specific F\federal and/or local requirements. Some industrial users install equipment to remove solids, oil, grease, and heavy metals; adjust pH; or address other general discharge prohibitions.
- Perform wastewater self-monitoring as require by the Wastewater Discharge Permit. Typical self-monitoring includes flow measurement, pH recording, sample collection, and analysis for pollutants such as BOD, TSS, and heavy metals.
- Provide self-monitoring reports to the Environmental Compliance division, as required by the Wastewater Discharge Permit.
- Allow unannounced site inspections for pretreatment purposes.
- Comply with specific discharge prohibitions as identified in the Stockton Municipal Code, Title 13 Public Services (see External Links below), including applicable categorical limits and local limits.
- Refer to Council Resolution 02-0671 for Procedures for Transfer of Excess Capacity.
For additional information or questions, please contact the Environmental Compliance Division.
Stockton Municipal Code, Title 13 Public Services
This City of Stockton web page last reviewed on --- 7/7/2016