Effective January 1, 2017, the City of Stockton Building Division is requiring all new plan review and permit applications to comply with 2016 California Building Standards Codes.
Projects are reviewed for compliance with the following construction codes:
- Stockton Municipal Code (SMC), Title 15
- California State Building Codes: Building, Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, Energy, and Fire
- 2016 California Administrative Code
- 2016 California Building Code - Amended per Title 15 of SMC
- 2016 California Existing Building Code
- 2016 California Electrical Code - Amended per SMC
- 2016 California Energy Code
- 2016 California Fire Code - Amended per SMC
- 2016 California Green Building Standards Code - Amended per SMC Title 15
- 2016 California Mechanical Code
- 2016 California Plumbing Code
- 2016 California Referenced Standard Code
- 2016 California Residential Code
- California State Building Codes available at California Building Standard Commission site in External Links.
- Most recent adopted editions of Model Codes available at Cesar Chavez Central Library.
California Building Standard Commission Website
Contractors State License Board
Builders Exchange of Stockton
Building Industry Association of the Greater Valley
Title 24-Disabled Access Requirements
This City of Stockton web page last reviewed on --- 4/6/2017