The California Vehicle Code and City of Stockton ordinances are in effect, and citations are issued according to the printed and posted regulations. If you drive Downtown, take a moment to plan where you will park.
Avoid these common parking violations.
Parking Within Stall Markings
The entire vehicle must be inside the painted parking stall, which are solid white lines or + symbols, to avoid a parking violation.
Never park your vehicle...
- Where a "No Parking" sign is posted.
- On a marked or unmarked crosswalk, on a sidewalk, or in front of a driveway.
- Within 15 feet of a fire hydrant or a fire station driveway.
- On or within 7.5 feet of a railroad crossing.
- On the wrong side of the street.
- At a red curb.
Reminder About Parking at Colored Curbs
White Curb: Three-minute passenger loading zone.
Blue Curb: For disabled person who displays a disabled person or disabled veteran license plate or placard issued by the Department of Motor Vehicles.
Yellow Curb: Commercial loading zone for registered commercial vehicle, limited to 20 minutes parking, and actively being loaded or unloaded.
Green Curb: Park for 24 minutes.
Red Curb: No parking anytime.
There are currently no external links.
This City of Stockton web page last reviewed on --- 6/23/2015