Road/Street Closures & Detours
For the safety of workers and other motorists, please Slow for the Cone Zone.
- Watch for signage.
- Detours may be in effect while construction is in progress.
- Avoid delays; take alternate routes.
All work below is scheduled to begin as listed but is subject to change due to traffic incidents, weather, availability of equipment/materials, and construction-related issues.
Thornton Road Left-Turn Lane Installation - Under Construction
- New left-turn lane installation on Thornton Road at Hammer Lane
- New left-turn lane installation on Lower Sacramento Road at Thornton Road/Pacific Ave.
- Replacing median islands, curb, sidewalk, ramps, and traffic signal equipment.
- July 12, 2021, through November 1, 2021
- Periodic 24/7 lane closures will occur for several weeks.
- Phase 1 - Lane closures on Lower Sacramento Road, between Pacific Ave. & Hammer Lane
- Phase 2 - Lane closures on Thornton Road, between Rivara Road & El Camino Ave.
Roundabout Installation - Under Construction
Tam O’Shanter Drive & Knickerbocker Drive
- The existing 4-way stop will be converted to a roundabout.
- A new median island, curb ramps, crosswalks, streetlights, flashing beacons & bike lanes will be installed.
- Between Erie Drive & Hammer Lane
- July 19, 2021, through October 30, 2021
- Periodic lane closures will occur throughout the project.
- Travelers should watch for workers/signage, reduce speeds & drive with caution.
- Consider taking alternate routes to avoid delays.
Questions & Updates
For questions or updates about projects in progress, please Contact Us through the Municipal Service Center.
Caltrans District 10
This City of Stockton web page last reviewed on --- 7/15/2021