The City's Public Works Department Fleet Section manages a large fleet of vehicles.
The Fleet Section ensures compliance with prevailing laws and regulations related to City vehicles and garage operations as well as furnishes safe reliable vehicles and equipment at the best cost .
- Prepares specifications for vehicles and equipment
- Establishes budget requests
- Projects 20-year replacement and revenue schedules
- Maintains financial documents for fleet operations
- Establishes and conforms to schedules for smog and other mandated inspections
- Prepares hazardous waste manifests
- Tracks recycling programs for used oil, oil filters, antifreeze, Freon, batteries and solvents
- Samples stormwater
- Prepares reports and documents for stormwater permits
- Sets standards and oversees the operations of the Central Garage, Auto Body Repair Shop, and Welding Fabrication Shop
- Performs preventative maintenance on all City vehicles and equipment, including inspections and smog tests according to specified guidelines
- Generates repair orders to minimize out of service time
Auto Body Repair Shop
- Completes accident damage repairs for City vehicles.
Welding Fabrication Shop
- Assists in the modification and set up of specialized equipment
- Special projects and equipment for Fleet and other City departments
This City of Stockton web page last reviewed on --- 11/18/2016