Park Reservations

The City of Stockton offers several parks and picnic areas that may be reserved by the public on a first-reserved basis. Reservations must be made a minimum of seven (7) days in advance by calling (209) 937-8206.

  • List of Group Picnic Areas
  • Reservations can be made at any Community Center and online. Reservations can be made one year in advance.
  • Cost: $62.00 for an all-day rental (except Magpie Site)
  • Oak Park Magpie Fenced Area: $226.00 for an all-day rental.  Please note that the Magpie Picnic reservations can only be made in person at a City of Stockton Community Center. 

Picnic and Park Regulations

  • Tents: Tents under 200 sq. ft. and canopies under 400 sq. ft. are allowed (typically 10 x 10 pop-up tents). Tents and canopies exceeding this square footage must obtain a tent permit issued by the Fire Department. Applications are available through the Fire Prevention Division.
  • Alcohol: No alcoholic beverages are allowed except beer, which is only allowed in designated picnic areas.
  • Containers: No glass bottles or containers are allowed in the park.
  • Licensing: A food/beverage license is required to sell food to the public.
  • Special Event Permits: Pony rides, large tents, and similar items require a Special Event Permit Application, as does amplified music. Additional fees may apply for these types of activities and items.

Special Event Permit Requirements

If you are planning a Special Event at our park/picnic site, a Special Event Permit Application is required.

Definition of Special Event

An organized activity that is conducted at any City park, building, street, or other facilities (on private or public property) where the public is invited or admitted for a common purpose and any one or more of the following factors exist:

  • A fee is charged, or money collected.
  • Alcohol and/or food will be sold.
  • City facility will be closed to general use by the public or use by the general public will be denied in part or in whole.
  • The location used beyond its normal capacity or typical range of uses.
  • Activity on a street or other public place is impacted in a manner that disrupts the normal or usual traffic patterns, regulations, or controls.
Last Update : 01/25/2024, 7:55:59 AM