Economic Development Division
New business to the city? Looking to relocate to Stockton? Ask about our convenient, professional concierge service for one-stop business help.
Key services include:
Notice of Funding Availability (NOFA)- 2022 Stockton Entrepreneurship Ecosystem Grant Program
The City is now accepting applications for the Stockton Entrepreneurship Ecosystem Grant Program. This year $400,000 is available to fund grants to local entrepreneurs, start-ups, small businesses, and organizations that serve as business service providers to entrepreneurs in Stockton. Please review the NOFA below for more details. The deadline to submit an application is June 30, 2022, by 5:00 p.m.
A live informational webinar describing how to apply for the Entrepreneurship Ecosystem Grant Program was held on May 23, 2022. The webinar was recorded and is available using the link below.
Starting a Business in Stockton
Thinking about starting a business in Stockton? Use this ten-step brochure guide to starting a business in the City of Stockton.
Economic Review Committee (ERC)
The Economic Review Committee is a free, voluntary service for project developers and business owners in Stockton. Consider a meeting before you apply for a building permit or check project requirements and get feedback on preliminary site plans.
Interested in scheduling a meeting?
Please contact the Economic Development Department.
Reasons to Do Business in Stockton
- Central Location
- Take advantage of Stockton's strategic location: in the heart of California's Central Valley and close to the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Unmatched Transportation System
- Experience Stockton's fast, cost-effective distribution to major West Coast, Pacific Rim, and global markets with an extensive transportation network.
- Take advantage of two major freeways (Interstate 5 and Highway 99), major railway networks, an incredible inland seaport and an accessible airport.
- Quality of Life
- Enjoy Stockton's unique blend of lifestyle opportunities, affordable and quality housing, abundant recreation, cultural events and exceptional educational facilities.
- Qualified, Productive Work Force
- Work with Stockton's diverse community of skilled and semi-skilled workforce with an affordable wage structure.
- Available and Affordable Land
- Explore competitive building prices throughout Stockton and revitalized Brownfield sites, in and near downtown. To locate available property within Stockton, visit Advantage Stockton.
- One-Stop Permit Center
Economic Development Newsletters
2022 Insights Newsletter
2021 Insights Newsletter
2020 Insights Newsletter
Sign up for the Economic Development Department's e-newsletter.
Bob Hope Theatre
Downtown Stockton Alliance
Energy Efficiency Programs
Business/ Entrepreneur Technical Assistance
San Joaquin Small Business Development Center
Stockton Impact Corps
Main Street Launch
Stockton Community Kitchen
Oracles of Truth Academy
Centro Community Partners
Chambers of Commerce
African American Chamber of Commerce of San Joaquin County
Central Valley Asian American Chamber
Greater Stockton Chamber of Commerce
San Joaquin County Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
Stockton Kings - Basketball
Stockton Heat - Hockey
Stockton Ports - Baseball
Stockton Rush - Indoor Soccer
Stockton Visitor's Bureau
San Joaquin / Sacramento Delta
This City of Stockton web page last reviewed on --- 5/25/2022