Subscribe to the City of Stockton News Releases to receive emails with current City happenings.
You can also subscribe to other topics, including events and volunteer opportunities.
- May 26, 2022 - Open House for Property Owners to Discuss Land Use Updates
- Tuesday, 5:30 - 7:00 p.m., Civic Auditorium, 525 N. Center St.
- Wednesday, 5:30 - 7:00 p.m., Stribley Community Center, 1760 E. Sonora St.
- May 26, 2022 - Alexandria Culvert Replacement Project Begins May 31
- May 24, 2022 - New Stockton Police Chief Swearing-In Ceremony
- Thursday, June 2, 2022 @ 4:00 p.m. - Civic Auditorium
- Members of the community are welcome and encouraged to attend.
- May 16, 2022 - Stockton Entrepreneurship Ecosystem Grant Program
- Grant applications deadline - June 30, 5p
- May 2, 2022 - Pixie Woods Opening for 68th Season
- April 29, 2022 - Stockton Seeking Proposals for Nonprofit Capacity Building
- April 27, 2022 - New Stockton Police Chief Selected, Stanley McFadden
- Stockton's 50th Police Chief will start on June 1, 2022
- Captain Antonio "Tony" Sajor, Jr., promoted to Deputy Chief
- April 13, 2022 - Stockton Police Chief Candidate Town Hall
- Wednesday, April 20 at 5:30 p.m., Bob Hope Theatre, 242 E. Main St.
- Parking available at the Ed Coy Garage, 130 N. Hunter St.
- April 7, 2022 - City of Stockton Accepting Applications for Boards, Commissions, and Committees
- April 5, 2022 - City of Stockton to Host Town Hall with Stockton Police Chief Candidates
- Bob Hope Theatre, 242 E. Main St., April 20, 2022, 5:30 p.m.
- December 27, 2021 - Overnight Warming Zones Open for Protection from Freezing Temperatures
- December 20, 2021 - CARES Act Community Development Block Grant (CDBG-CV3) Deadline Extended
- December 14, 2021 - Stockton Releases Notice of Funding Availability (NOFA)
- Eligible Non-Profits and Affordable Housing Organizations May Apply Online
- Informational virtual meeting on Thursday, December 16, 2021, 11:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Open to applications on Friday, December 17, 2021, at 1:00 p.m.
- December 14, 2021 - City Business License Office Location and Hours of Service Changes
- Business License Office moved to Permit Center effective December 15, 2021
- Utility Billing and Payment Office will change hours effective January 3, 2022
- December 8, 2021 - State Department of Parks and Recreation to Provide Grant for Columbus Park Renovation - Nearly $3.4 million
- December 7, 2021 - Grants Available for Arts Organizations and Artists
- October 29, 2021 - Stockton Cricket Pitch Dedication
- Saturday, Nov. 6, 11:00 a.m., Anderson Park - event flyer
- October 28, 2021 - Stockton Celebrates America Recycles Offering a Shredding Event
- Saturday, November 13, 8a - Noon (may end sooner if capacity reached)
- UEI parking lot, behind Weberstown Mall
- October 18, 2021 - Victory Park Public Art Project
- Community members are encouraged to participate in a new Victory Park Public Art Piece by watching a video that shares information about the finalists and their proposed projects and voting for their favorite art piece.
- Visit www.stocktonca.gov/VictoryParkPublicArt for more information.
- October 18, 2021 - CARES Act Community Development Block Grant (CDBG-CV3)
- Support for artists and arts nonprofits grant opportunity.
- Application opens Oct. 18, 2021 at noon and closes Dec. 1, 2021 at 5:30 p.m.
- Online applications only through the Neighborly Portal.
- October 15, 2021 - Movies At The Point Spooktacular - Cruella (PG-13)
- Free family entertainment at Weber Point Events Center, 221 N. Center
- Gates Open at 5:30 p.m., Movie begins at dusk, approximately 6:30 p.m.
- July 14, 2021 - Van Buskirk Park Master Plan Community Meeting
- Meeting July 22, 2021, 6-8p, Van Buskirk Community Center
- July 9, 2021 - Oak Park Ice Rink Reopens
- July 8, 2021 - Movies At The Point on July 16, Godzilla vs. Kong
- Free family entertainment at Weber Point Events Center, 221 N. Center
- Gates Open at 6:30 p.m., Movie begins at 9:00 p.m.
- July 6, 2021 - City of Stockton Arnold Rue & Van Buskirk Community Centers Cooling Zones
- July 8 through July 11, 2p - 7p
- July 1, 2021 - NOFA Homeless Assistance & Prevention Addressing COVID Impacts
- Open to applications - July 1 @ noon
- Online applications only through Neighborly Portal
- June 30, 2021 - Stockton Open Data Portal Now Available
- June 29, 2021 - PFF Parks Master Plan Community Meeting
- June 23, 2021 - City Council Approves Annual Budget and Plans for American Rescue Plan Recovery Funding
- June 17, 2021 - Van Buskirk Reuse Planning Community Meeting
- June 23, 2021, 6:00 - 8:00 p.m.
- Weston Ranch Library, 1453 W. French Camp Rd, Stockton
- June 15, 2021 - Cooling Zones for Heat Wave
- Arnold Rue & Van Buskirk Community Centers
- Wednesday through Saturday, June 16 - June 19, until 7:00 p.m.
- June 10, 2021 - Pixie Woods Reopening for 67th Season
- June 3, 2021 - 2021 Notice of Funding Availability for Entrepreneurship Program
- June 2, 2021 - Drive-In Movie Night June 18, 2021
- UEI parking lot, behind Weberstown Mall; gates open at 7:30 p.m. & movie begins at 8:45 p.m.
- April 27, 2021 - Cannabis Policy Amendment Project Virtual Community Meeting
- April 22, 2021 - Stockton Small Business Week
- Stockton Small Business Week is May 2-8, 2021.
- April 15, 2021 - City to Extend Water & Sewer Utilities to Future Site for Veterans Affairs Medical Clinic
- Join the Virtual Open House Wednesday, April 28, 2021, 5:00 - 6:30 p.m.
- April 14, 2021 - City to Hold Virtual Community Meetings on Proposed Water Rate Adjustments
- Thursday, April 22, 2021, 6:00 p.m., and
- Tuesday, May 4, 2021, 6:00 p.m.
- Visit www.stocktonca.gov/waterrates for links to video or call-in instructions
- April 5, 2021 - New Chief Financial Officer Appointed
- December 29, 2020 - New and Improved Ways to Keep In-Touch with the City of Stockton
- December 28, 2020 - Notice of Funding Availability (NOFA) - Open to Online Applications
- Community Development Block Grant, Emergency Solutions Grant, Emergency Solutions Grant CARES Act NOFA applications are due Friday, February 5, 2021, by 5:00 p.m.
- Affordable Housing NOFA applications are due Friday, February 12, 2021, by 5:00 p.m.
- December 22, 2020 - City Public Office and Counter Service Changes - Closed to In-person Public Access, Effective December 28, 2020
- Contact us by telephone, email, or other online services during regularly scheduled hours of service
- December 11, 2020 - Mayor-elect Lincoln Candidates for Office of the Mayor Support Positions
- Council Meeting Agenda for December 15, 2020, revised to add Mayor-elect Office Staff
- December 4, 2020 - City Holiday Greetings & Best Wishes - A 2020 (Virtual) Celebration
- September 28, 2020 - Governor Newsom Announces Project Homekey Award for Stockton
- September 23, 2020 - City Manager's Review Board Appointed & Convenes October
- September 17, 2020 - Fitch Upgrades Stockton's Water Revenue Bonds and Outlook Stable
- September 15, 2020 - New Stockton Urban Ag Ordinance
- Private property owners may now keep chickens (no roosters), ducks, bees, produce, etc., in urban areas, and additional produce stands.
- September 2, 2020 - Community Support Fund NOFA
- March 30, 2020 - City of Stockton Coronavirus Virtual Town Hall Meeting
- March 30, 2020 - Extra Waste Collection Services Suspended Until Further Notice
- No Clean Sweep appointment or extra pick-up stickers
- March 25, 2020 - City Public Office Closures Until Further Notice
- Closures expanded to close City parks
- March 24, 2020 - City Council First Virtual Online Meeting
- Addressed regular business items and emergency related to COVID-19
- March 21, 2020 - City Council Meetings Held Online During Stay at Home (COVID)
- Beginning March 24, 2020 - Three ways to submit Public Comments
- March 17, 2020 - Council Ratifies Local Emergency Proclamation
- Addresses Evictions, Adopts Restrictions and Approves Emergency Response Fund
- March 16, 2020 - City to Hold Tele-Town Hall - Coronavirus
- Mayor, City Manager, San Joaquin County Public Health & SUSD Superintendent
- 1:00 - 2:00 p.m.
- Call-in 1-888-400-1932 (English) and 1-888-400-9342 (Spanish).
- March 15, 2020 - City Public Office and Counter Service Changes During Local Emergency
- Beginning March 16, 2020, Public Counters & Offices Closed; these closures are at least through March 31, 2020.
- We will continue to serve the community by telephone, email and online services.
- March 12, 2020 - City Declares Coronavirus Local Emergency & Adopts Gathering Policy
- March 5, 2020 - Stockton Planning for 5G Broadband Smart City Technologies
- February 27, 2020 - Economic Development Department Housing Community Meeting
- Presentation of draft 2020 - 2025 Consolidated Plan on Housing
- Tues., Mar. 3, 2020, 3:30 - 5:30 p.m., Cesar Chavez Central Library, 605 N. El Dorado St.
- February 26, 2020 - Stockton Fire Department Accepting Applications for 2020 Safe and Sane Fireworks Sales
- February 25, 2020 - McKinley Park Approved for $8.5 Million State Parks Grant (Prop 68)
- February 20, 2020 - City of Stockton Reception for New City Manager
- February 13, 2020 - Stockton Fire Department Receives Nearly $1M FEMA Grant for Paramedic Training
- Check Presentation Ceremony, Thurs., Feb. 20, 10:30 a.m., Company 2, 110 W. Sonora
- February 12, 2020 - Notice of Funding Availability for 2020 Stockton Entrepreneurship Program
Stockton/San Joaquin County Library News and Events
This City of Stockton web page last reviewed on --- 5/26/2022