File a Police Report

Read all of the information below to determine if online reporting is appropriate.

hen filling out the form, only information with a red asterisk (*) is mandatory. Enter your email to receive the status of your report. Email is not used for any other purpose.

Please do not use online reporting for emergencies. If this is an emergency, please call 9-1-1.

Using Online Police Reports
The following reports are appropriate for filing an Online Police Report:

  • Additional Loss List
  • Annoying or Harassing Phone Calls or Texts (*see additional information below)
  • Theft:
    1. Personal Property
    2. Vehicle Parts
  • Burglary (not in progress and site is secure):
    1. Residential
    2. Business
    3. Vehicle
  • Fraud:
    1. Forgery
    2. Identity Theft
  • Vandalism
    1. Intentional damage to public or private property.
    2. Graffiti or tagging of public or private property.
  • Non-Injury Accident (excluding Hit and Run)
  • Violation of Court Order (including Child Visitation Orders)
  • Lost Property

To use the online reports form, please confirm:

  1. It is NOT an emergency.
  2. The incident does not involve domestic violence, child abuse, elder abuse, or a stolen vehicle, license plates, or firearms.
  3. The incident occurred within Stockton city limits.

If you answered "yes" to all of the above questions,


Upon completing the report, print a temporary copy of the report for your records and look for

  • Confirmation text: "Your report has been submitted."
  • Temporary case number

Online Reports Timeline

Please allow up to 10 days for a permanent case number to be assigned. If further investigation is needed, you may be contacted. Filing a false police report is a crime.

Annoying or Harassing Phone Calls or Texts

You can file an online police report for harassing calls or texts if you do not know the person calling or texting.

After completing the report, keep track of call and texts times and the incoming phone number, if you have caller ID. 
Save all call logs and text messages.
Frequently Asked Questions

  • If this happened in another city, can I file a report using this system? 
    • No, please call the Police Department for that city unless you are reporting Identity Theft. Identity Theft can be reported no matter what city it occurred in if you reside in the City of Stockton, except where identity theft was used to file a false tax return.  Instead, contact the IRS Identity Protection Unit at 1-800-908-4490.
  • What if this happened on a State Freeway?
    • Call the California Highway Patrol Office nearest you.
  • What is a "known suspect"?
    • When you or someone else knows the person, where to find the person who committed the crime, or the license plate number of the vehicle in which the suspect(s) occupied.
Last Update : 03/26/2024, 4:39:11 PM