Report broken pipes, street flooding, and other water, sewer and stormwater emergencies to the City of Stockton 24-hours at (209) 937-8341.
Email non-urgent questions and concerns to WaterFacts@stocktonca.gov or submit via Ask Stockton.
The Municipal Utilities Department (MUD) provides clean water to more than 50,000 residential and commercial connections in north and south Stockton.
The City treats and distributes water from the following sources:
- Surface water diverted from the Sacramento San Joaquin Delta
- Surface water from the Mokelumne River purchased from Woodbridge Irrigation District
- Local groundwater from wells owned and operated by the City
- Treated water purchased from the Stockton East Water District (SEWD), imported from the New Melones (Stanislaus River) and New Hogan (Calaveras River) Reservoirs
Delta Water Treatment Plant
The Delta Water Treatment Plant (DWTP) began operation in May 2012, and provides up to 30 million gallons per day of treated surface water from the San Joaquin Delta and Mokelumne River. The water treatment plant also:
- Replaces declining surface water sources,
- Protects groundwater supplies, and
- Provides for current and future water needs.
The DWTP was awarded a Gold LEED for energy use, lighting, water, material use, and other sustainable strategies.
Read the water treatment plant intake and sewer treatment plant discharge daily report and 15-day running average.
Water Master Plan Update
The 2021 Water Master Plan Update (WMPU) adopted in February 2021, updates the 2008 Water Master Plan in accordance with the Envision Stockton 2040 General Plan Update. The WMPU includes an analysis of the City Water Utility’s existing system, projected water demand based on the 2040 General Plan, water supply, calibration of the City’s water distribution system’s hydraulic model, identification of infrastructure needs, and development of short-and-long-term Capital Improvement Program (CIP) with cost estimates for future improvements.
- California Water Service Company
- Eastern San Joaquin Groundwater Authority
- Eastern San Joaquin County Groundwater Basin Authority
- Stockton East Water District